Friday, March 26, 2010

My CSE Interview

I was second last candidate to be interviewed ( 5th) in the forenoon session. Interviews started at around 10 am. I was called at 12.15, it was Prof Chalam.

I wished everyone and then I was asked to take seat. It was a round table. To my right was sitting one lady member. The conversation then started.

Prof Chalam : So you are Mr Mittal. How come very few Mittals are coming to government services? Don’t you think you may also make money in this league of big Mittals?

Me: I told him about my experiences of Mittals in govt jobs. And why I am interested in civils.

Prof Chalam : tell me some big mittals. ( I tell him abt laxmi and Sunil Bharti Mittal).

Prof Chalam : Which deal recently by Sunil mittal and what sector?

Chairman hands over to a lady member( M1)

M1: What is this Housing thing you have written as a team sports

Me: Thats tambola. She is relaxed now after telling me the spelling mistake I committed.

M1: What does India share with Nepal and what do our people have in common?

I answered about their history economy and geographical similarities. Their current trade relations.

M1: u ve studied in Allahabad. What is origin of Saraswati River in history?

I told her.

M2: what are light years? What is speed of light. How much time would one take if he leaves for sun journey?

M2: MHRD’ educational reforms? 10th board exams scrapping? Ur opinion.

I seconded.

M3: don’t you think they will totally route our set serious educational system?

I gave my opinion.

M3: Why BRT is a failed story in Delhi? What is a buffer state? What is vertical and horizontal reservation policy in India?

M4: what areas will be benefitted out of ur knowledge in mech engg if u are posted as a DC?

M5: ( he seemed to be from Uttarakhand, Qns poured in from that area)

1. What is Mahakumbha and its history?

2. What are law and order challenges during the fair?

Then some issues of local relevance to Uttarakhand like its capital, making of the state.

After these Qns the chairman told me that the interview was over.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

How long was the interview for?

Unknown said...

Best of luck ...kushagra

Sugender said...

Thanx for effort

Unknown said...

what did u answer to que related to use of mech in administration?

dinesh said...

Thanks man!

ram said...

thanx for sharing ur interview brother.

anurima said...

hmm...sans ur answers,how do i say,was it good?anywaz...my opinion really dsnt matter..its of ur board,dat mattrz! n i fervently wish,that their opinion is really good.all the bst!!

kushagra said...

@ Hash. it went on for around 35 minutes.
@ Pravin: I said" Engineers in general and mech engrs in particular have a rational way of thinking. This is more the approach and way of thinking that gets diversified in 4 yrs of degree which benefits. However ppl from any discipline only add variety to the job of an administrator which is essentially a generalist"
@vikas, Sugender, Dinesh and Ram: thank u very much.. I wish u guys best of luck too.
@ Anurima: My purpose of writing the interview was more of sharing the kind of Qns asked. :) Thank u for ur wishes. I wish u all the best too.

RRS said...

Yaar, yeh kis cheez ka interview tha.

Himanshu Bajaj said...

All the best bro.

I wish these valuable 35 minutes to become more memorable time in your professional life in the service this great country.

You would get it!!

Cheers!!

kushagra said...

Guys.. have got only 150 marks.. take your cues out of it. I am totally p**** off.